[tex-live] [XeTeX] TeXLive Pretest - XeTeX segfaults on LInux 64

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 15:52:12 CEST 2010

2010/7/12 Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de>:
> 2010/7/12 Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr>:
>> so I think his answer is that it is *not* doable to ship 32 bit XeTeX on
>> LinUX64, since the user would need a 32-bit version of the dynamically linked
>> libraries.
>
> Which is the norm on OpenSUSE. :-)

RHEL based distributions also often contain both i386 and x84_64
libraries. If I install them via "yum install" and do not specify
required platform, then on i386 only i386 libs are installed, on
x86_64 both will be installed . I always install both because some
legacy tools do not work without i386 libraries.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/