[tex-live] your eqexam package

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 9 12:48:59 CEST 2010

On 9 July 2010 11:25, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd)
<P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:

> I'm not trying to "make it harder than it is" : I'm trying
> to point out that the "source" for a document is an
> extraordinarily hard thing to define, and that we must
> therefore be flexible in terms of our requirements rather
> than rigid as at present.  There /is/ no .odt file for
> the PDF which I circulated, nor has there ever been,
> nor will there ever be : it is clearly possible to go
> from an evanescent sequence of keystrokes to a final
> PDF file without there ever being a physical instantiation
> of a corresponding source document.

The fact that you didn't choose to save your source format, doesn't
mean it didn't exist.

Following your argument I could distribute binaries without sources
and claim that I typed them on the console and piped through the
compiler.  Surely you see, how ridiculous this gets.

Cheers,

Tomek