[tex-live] your eqexam package

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Jul 9 12:29:00 CEST 2010

T T wrote:
se or not to use it.

> Speaking for myself, but with my TL hat on, it doesn't make me happy
> at all that we have to remove any packages.  I would much prefer that
> some solution is found that is acceptable to both sides: the authors
> and us, but failing that we have no choice but to follow the
> guidelines we adopted or we are just a bunch of hypocrites.  If the
> package author(s) decide to withdraw their work entirely because of
> that, then we have no choice but to respect these wishes.

With respect, there /is/ another choice : re-visit the guidelines
that have been adopted and consider whether they are in the best
interests of the TeX Community.  Surely this last criterion is
the one that should govern such considerations, not (as Staszek
has suggested) "political (american :-) ) correctness".

** Phil.