[tex-live] your eqexam package

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 9 10:56:16 CEST 2010

Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de> wrote:

> I'm too one of the people who doesn't publish sources of their
> documentations. Partly because they too use personal macros and
> fonts and so wouldn't compile anyway. But more importantly because
> the sources do contain a lot of personal remarks, comments and names
> of people.

i agree.

> I accept that the TeXLive team doesn't include my documentation and
> I will not ridicule or sneer at it in any way: TeXLive is _your_
> package and you decide about the content. But I would really like it
> if members of the TeXLive team would in return not ridicule or sneer
> at the decisision I and Don made about their packages and their
> content.
>
> > I'm happy that his stuff is removed from TeX Live now.
>
> If it makes you happy you can naturally also remove my packages. It
> was the decision of the TeXLive team to include them and it's up to
> the team to decide if when and how to remove them. I don't mind. I
> put the stuff on CTAN without restrictions and everyone is free to
> use or not to use it.

note that it was don's request that his packages be removed.  the common
case is no more than: if the documentation source is not available, the
documentation doesn't make it to ctan.

if you don't want your packages included under those terms, it's _your_
decision to say so -- imo, a "dark hint" like the above should _not_ be
sufficient for removing packages from tex live.

personally, i value your many inputs, and would feel sorry if any part
of them were unnecessarily blocked or removed.

robin