[tex-live] your eqexam package

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Jul 9 10:35:39 CEST 2010

Am Fri, 9 Jul 2010 04:11:31 +0200 schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:

>  > > Dear tex-live team, please remove all my packages
>  > > (acrotex,eqexam,etc) from the tex-live distribution. For various
>  > > reasons, I never distribute source files of the documentation.

>  > Ahhh... really pity.

> It's not a pity.  It bothered me all the time that Story can't accept
> standard licenses like GPL or LPPL.

> And refusing to publish the doc sources is silly, isn't it?

I'm too one of the people who doesn't publish sources of their
documentations. Partly because they too use personal macros and
fonts and so wouldn't compile anyway. But more importantly because
the sources do contain a lot of personal remarks, comments and names
of people.

I accept that the TeXLive team doesn't include my documentation and
I will not ridicule or sneer at it in any way: TeXLive is _your_
package and you decide about the content. But I would really like it
if members of the TeXLive team would in return not ridicule or sneer
at the decisision I and Don made about their packages and their
content.

> I'm happy that his stuff is removed from TeX Live now.

If it makes you happy you can naturally also remove my packages. It
was the decision of the TeXLive team to include them and it's up to
the team to decide if when and how to remove them. I don't mind. I
put the stuff on CTAN without restrictions and everyone is free to
use or not to use it.

--
Ulrike Fischer