[tex-live] TL'10 pretest trial

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Jul 6 01:22:13 CEST 2010

On 5 July 2010 Philipp Stephani wrote:

> TeX works fine with Windows, this is proved by MikTeX. I think the
> TL team has to choose whether they actually want to support Windows
> or not. If they decide to support it, then I think it's not really
> helpful if team members constantly criticize the OS that they
> officially pretend to support.

We intend to support Windows as long as this system exists.  You are
obviously a user who hasn't the slightest idea about the problems
developers have to solve.  Supporting Windows is a pain, not because
it's different from Unix, the problem is that nothing works as
advertised.

For example, the C runtime library (MSVCRT.DLL) claims that signals
are supported.  Please run

   ftype | more

and press "q", and see what happens.

Regards,