[tex-live] TL'10 pretest trial

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Jul 5 11:28:20 CEST 2010

Le 05/07/2010 11:17, Robin Fairbairns a écrit :
> this is all very well and amusing, but one should recall that (a) tex
> live advertises that it's available for widnoze, and (b) phil was
> explicitly asked to investigate the latest version on a widnoze box.
>
> i'm not keen on tex on windows, myself (i only ever use it when i've got
> an issue for the faq), but it would be extremely unfortunate, imo, to
> give the impression that tex _doesn't_ live well with windows *for those
> that want/need it*.

100% agreed. I might add, users don't need to be happy that it works on windows
at all: we claim it does, and it does, period.

However, we don't claim (AFAIK) that it looks and feels native. Eg, forward
slashes feel wrong to most windows users, but actually work.

IMO, it would be good to have TL feel as native as possible on windows, but the
priority is to make it work, and as Reinhard recalled, it's sometimes difficult.

Manuel.