[tex-live] can you remove a package from TeXLive?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jan 26 01:40:38 CET 2010

Hi Dan,

    I'm concerned here about how long it would
    take for updates to filter into TL or MikTeX

Both TL and miktex usually update from CTAN within a few days.
When users update is up to them, and many don't (ever).

    It seems like it would be nice if SageTeX stayed on CTAN, but was
    not included in TL. I don't know how reasonable or easy that
    arrangement is,

If that's what you want, I certainly have no objection.  It is no
problem at all for that to be the case.