[tex-live] [XeTeX] minor bug within XeLaTeX

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Jan 24 04:41:57 CET 2010

On 23 January 2010 Philip TAYLOR wrote:

 > [TeX-Live added : my question is addressed primarily
 >   to the members thereof]

 > > XeTeX writes dvi (xdv) comment by the same way
 > > as the original TeX. XeTeX is not wrong in the issue.
 > > In the case of tex --->  dvi --->  xdvipdfmx --->  pdf you will find
 > > /Creator( TeX output 2010.01.22:2353)
 > >
 > > Best,
 > > Akira
 >
 > I'm still trying to get to the bottom of this, and wanted
 > to look in TeX.web to see how DEK had implemented DVI commenting
 > in TeX, but was very surprised to find no instance of TeX.web
 > in my TeX Live (2009) distribution; is this an accidental
 > (albeit very regrettable) oversight, or an intentional omission ?

Hi Phil,
the installer doesn't install any sources.  This would blow up
the system too much.  Consider network installs.

But if you have the DVD, uncompress and untar the file

  /path/to/DVD/source/texlive-20091011-source.tar.xz

It contains a file "texlive-20091011-source/texk/web2c/tex.web".

Anyway, if you are only interested in tex.web, the easiest way to get
it is to download it from the repository:

  http://www.tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Build/source/texk/web2c/tex.web

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25