[tex-live] Problem using htlatex with babel under TeX Live 2009

Marcel Turcotte turcotte at site.uottawa.ca
Fri Jan 22 01:19:30 CET 2010

Hi!

I recently purchased a new computer and installed TeX Live 2009.

I ran intro trouble when using htlatex on files where I am also using babel/french. These documents used to work fine with previous versions of the distribution, but now fail.

I was able to create a small example to reproduce the problem. As far as I understand, it's the presence ':' before the itemized list that causes the problem.

Your help would be much appreciated!
Marcel

encl: a small example to illustrate the problem, this works fine using pdflatex, but fails using htlatex (but only for TeX Live 2009).

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[french]{babel}
\usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
\usepackage{ifpdf}
\ifpdf
\usepackage[pdftex,colorlinks]{hyperref}
\pdfcatalog{ /PageMode /UseNone }
\else
\usepackage{hyperref}
\fi
\begin{document}
Un simple:
\begin{itemize}
\item avant une liste
\end{itemize}
The presence of `:' immediately before the itemized list causes the
following error when using htlatex.
\begin{verbatim}
! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> \FDP at space