[tex-live] oolatex

Dan Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Mon Jan 18 00:12:51 CET 2010

>On Do, 14 Jan 2010, Dan Luecking wrote:
> > If they are going to be omitted, then that fact _must_ be
> > better documented. Running "texdoc tex4ht" produces a page
>[...]
> > The requirement to run mk4ht should be on page 1.
>
>Please direct that to the ht list (already mentioned here), best of
>course with a patch to the documentation.

My apologies. I appeared to me from the other messages in
this thread that it was TeX Live which had made the decision
to replace the separate oolatex with the mk4ht incantation.
I refer to this message fron Karl:

 > There were so many tex4ht cmd names; some of them conflicted with other
 > programs, others were short and generally problematic.  It was a
 > decision we made for TL, although I did discuss it with Eitan, and he
 > didn't have a problem with it.
 >
 > We could put oolatex specifically back now that we know someone
 > actually uses it :).  OTOH, maybe that's not really useful since we
 > made a release without it.

Also miktex 2.8 contains an oolatex command.
I know Karl said to report tex4ht issues to the tex4ht list,
but, as I said, itseemed it was a TL decision, which makes
it a TL issue.

I personally don't use tex4ht at all, and was just making
a point to those I thought were responsible. Ignore my
suggestion if the responsibility lies elsewhere.

Regards,
Dan

Daniel H. Luecking
Department of Mathematical Sciences