[tex-live] Stable vs. Unstable/Testing Update Repositories?

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Sun Feb 28 22:21:55 CET 2010

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> Can you send over some people working for us, please?

Not from Debian, please...

>> The same options could be used for TeX Live.  There could be a
>> time-based progression, where new packages come in from CTAN and
>
> Please go ahead and program something similar. Our scripts are
> all free and open and the source is on the web/svn.
>
> But keep in mind that we want to keep only one svn repository
> without branches etc, the whole bunch is already big enough.

Norbert, I totally agree with what you wrote.

However - I also remember you writing that you were considering to
update TeXLive 2009 in unstable "at some point".

Do you still think this is feasible?  How would you suggest to choose
the right moment?

And might it be possible to somehow label this point for plain TeXLive
users?  If our Debian testers reveal an incompatibility that is solved
by updating a particular package, this could also be done in this
"labelled point".

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster