[tex-live] Packages marked as forcibly removed when updating

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Feb 24 01:41:22 CET 2010

Dear Thomas,

thnaks for your report.

On Di, 23 Feb 2010, Thomas Arildsen wrote:
> [42/54, 06:45/07:07] auto-install: biblatex-nature [133k]
> Downloading
> http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/archive/biblatex-nature.doc.tar.xz
> did not succeed, please retry.

> skipping forcibly removed package biblatex-nature

Yes, that is a bug. The reason is as already mentioned that tlmgr
deduces the information which pacages are new (auto-install) from the
contents and revisions of the collections.

Currently the sequence of events is:
- remove old packages
- update normal packages
- update collections and schemes
- install new packages etc

Now since the update of collections is pushed behind the normal update
a failure there works out nicely.

But when an auto-install of a new package fails the new collection is
already installed and on the next run it is considered forcibly removed.

Please use the way described in the thread to get these packages.

We will work on getting this behaviour fixed.

Best wishes

Norbert
JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force
"What was the self-sacrifice?"
"I jettisoned half of a much loved and I think
irreplaceable pair of shoes."
"Why was that self-sacrifice?"
"Because they were mine!" said Ford crossly.
"I think we have different value systems."
"Well mine's better."
"That's according to your... oh never mind."