[tex-live] [patch] More consistent paper handling in texconfig

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Tue Feb 16 21:53:54 CET 2010

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr> wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> Frank Küster a écrit :
>> karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) wrote:
>>> There is also tlmgr paper letter :(.
>>
>> There's no tlmgr in texlive, so I have no experience - what does it do?
>>
> It's the TeX Live (package) Manager.

Sorry for being unclear - of course I know what tlmgr is.  I meant to
ask what "tlmgr paper letter" does.

> The man page is online in case you'd like to read it:
>
> http://www.tug.org/texlive/doc/tlmgr.html

Ah, thank you.  Should texconfig start configuring context's paper
default, too?

What are your long-term plans?  Is it planned to let tlmgr replace
texconfig once in the future?  Or will texconfig continue to be present?
What's the status in Windows?  I guess cmd.exe might not be able to run
texconfig - should it be reimplemented in luatex?

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (TeXLive)