[tex-live] "Can't find font" : which step(s) have I overlooked ?

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Feb 10 16:55:44 CET 2010

George N. White III wrote:

> Or, if you are like me who has texmf-local copied from another system (that
> is currently on a several week trip to distant places) where it was populated
> by getnonfreefonts, you can use:
>
> wget http://tug.org/~kotucha/getnonfreefonts/install-getnonfreefonts
> texlua install-getnonfreefonts
> getnonfreefonts-sys -r
>
> [on my system, "ul9.map" is not found??]

Well, I don't have texmf-local set up as you do, but
I thought that I would give "getnonfreefonts" a try.

First attempt was :

 > getnonfreefonts-sys -r

but this produced :

> H:\TeX\Live\2009\bin\win32\runscript.tlu:293:
> no appropriate script or program found: getnonfreefonts-sys

 > getnonfreefonts -r

produced no errors, but seemed to do very little,
so next I tried :

 > getnonfreefonts -a

That seemed to do a great deal, but at the end of the
exercise, Guido Herzog's example still fails in the same way ...

** Phil.