[tex-live] Perhaps OT: temporary files of otftotfm

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sun Feb 7 22:24:10 CET 2010

Hello, I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but I think
there is a chance that someone knows the answer ;-)

I'm trying to use the windows binaries from http://w32tex.org/ of
the lcdf-typetools.

When calling otftotfm I get the error message
otftotfm: temporary file '\s1so.4': Permission denied

This looks as if otftotfm tries to write at the root of the drive.

I can avoid the problem by calling otftotfm with admin rights. I
probably can also avoid the problem by changing the permissions.
Both possibilities don't appeal to me.

Has someone a idea how I could tell otftotfm to use another folder
for this temporary files?
(a setting in a texmf.cnf would be ok, otftotfm is installed in a
mini  texmf with kpathsea).

--
Ulrike Fischer