[tex-live] Two tlmgr/installer gui issues: Xfce/FreeBSD

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Feb 3 15:19:47 CET 2010

On Mi, 03 Feb 2010, Nikola Lečić wrote:
>   http://anthesphoria.net/FreeBSD/TeXLive-Devel/translations/tlmgr-gui-FreeBSD-Xfce-20100203.png

tlmgr does nothing special, ut uses the "fixed" font AFAIR. So if your
system has a broken definition of "fixed", that will be taken.

If you have some Asian fonts installed that might be the case.

What the gnome terminal or so shows is completely irrelevant, sicne they
re using fontconfig to get the fonts.

> So it would be nice if it could be possible to use default session font
> (in this case, the font you can see in terminals).

That is the default fontconfig font as fixed in gnoem, but that I cannot
and will not read.

> Besides, input boxes (such as Match -> Pattern) do not work here, i.e.
> they are now writable; just a cursor blinking.

That is strange .... never seen before.

Ahhh no ... you don't have write permissions, can that be? So that
explains why also the buttons are disabled.

Start it as the one who installed the program (so with write permissions
to texlive.tlpdb) and it should work.

Best wishes

Norbert
JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force