[tex-live] sphack.sty gone?

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Sun Dec 19 14:51:24 CET 2010

Am 19.12.2010 um 02:22 schrieb Juan Acevedo:

> I just wondered if I had missed news relating this deletion. For future releases of TL, what is the document I should check in case a package I use has been removed?

I've never heard of such a document (but I'm not a member of the TeX Live team). For the sphack package, there was the additional complication that the style file was moved from the ltxmisc package to its own CTAN package. The CTAN team presumably re-checked the license during this process. Similar license checks might happen to many of the older packages that where created without the use of Docstrip and not thoroughly classified when they appeared on CTAN.