[tex-live] Value of TEXDOCS in texmf.cnf needs adjustment ?

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Tue Dec 14 10:11:22 CET 2010

Hi Akira, Karl and Vladimir

thank you very much for the kind attention devoted to my question,
I confirm that my installation works as Akira said

> It is a special feature of search.tlu of texdoc that cannot find
> files in the starting directory $TEXMF/doc, in the case of
> TEXDOCS=$TEXMF/doc//

with TEXDOCS=$TEXMF/doc// I obtain:

~% kpsewhich --format=doc frenchb2-doc.pdf
/usr/local/texlive/2010/../texmf-local/doc/frenchb2-doc.pdf
~% texdoc frenchb2-doc.pdf
Sorry, no documentation found for frenchb2-doc.pdf.
If you are unsure about the name, try searching CTAN's TeX catalogue at
http://ctan.org/search.html#byDescription.

with TEXDOCS as in my initial post, texdoc does find frenchb2-doc.pdf

Thanks again,
Best regards,
Jean-Francois Burnol