[tex-live] TeX4ht does not work properly with default TeXLive Windows install

Beuthe, Thomas beuthet at aecl.ca
Thu Aug 26 16:53:08 CEST 2010

UNRESTRICTED | ILLIMITÉ

>On reflection I think any scheme that relies on wrappers is doomed to
>fail -- there are too many places where ghostscript is invoked,
>different names on different platforms (gswin32c on Windows), and
>the names are already coded in many places, including 3rd party
>tools such as convert.

I can sympathize with your plight.  You are trying to provide access
to all the great tools and packages that have been developed, but some of
them, like TeX4ht require other third-party packages to be available.
It was particularly difficult for TeX4ht because the documentation
takes a "just use it, it'll work fine!" attitude, which, quite honestly,
I like, but if something is a little "different", it can lead to my
sort of questions.  I'm hoping that at least this current thread
of discussion will alert future Windows users that there's
something more that's needed and what can be done about it.

Thomas
CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED INFORMATION NOTICE

This e-mail, and any attachments, may contain information that
is confidential, subject to copyright, or exempt from disclosure.
Any unauthorized review, disclosure, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or reliance on this information
may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited.

AVIS D'INFORMATION CONFIDENTIELLE ET PRIVILÉGIÉE

Le présent courriel, et toute pièce jointe, peut contenir de
l'information qui est confidentielle, régie par les droits
d'auteur, ou interdite de divulgation. Tout examen,
divulgation, retransmission, diffusion ou autres utilisations
non autorisées de l'information ou dépendance non autorisée
envers celle-ci peut être illégale et est strictement interdite.