[tex-live] TeX4ht does not work properly with default TeXLive Windows install

Beuthe, Thomas beuthet at aecl.ca
Wed Aug 25 18:11:05 CEST 2010

UNRESTRICTED | ILLIMITÉ

Gah.  And here we are with the hand tweaking again.
Norbert's going to jump all over me again, I'm sure,
but one of the things I always liked about Eitan's approach
to TeX4ht is the "just use it, it should take care of everything
automatically" approach.  Code developers we need to remember
that their users are not developers.  All they really want is for the
install to work so they can get on with what they really want to do...

This is where the MAC really wins fans.  They are running unix underneath,
but the user never really knows it.  And from what I hear, they are
gaining ground with this approach.
(see http://apple.slashdot.org/story/10/08/07/1744223/Microsoft-Losing-Big-To-Apple-On-Campus)
Besides, MAC also is renowned for its low latency.  Also very important.

Sorry, I'm drifting here...

Thomas