[tex-live] TeX Live 2010 test report

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Aug 25 01:37:12 CEST 2010

Hi Markus,

    I've decided to try out the pretest version of TeX Live 2010.

Thanks for the reports.

    * tlmgr --help: The TeX Live Manager uses "less" to display the help
      text. In the new version, it shows some wired escape sequences.

Neither less nor any other pager is hard-coded.  What tlmgr does is call
pod2usage(), which calls perldoc.  If that doesn't display properly,
there's not much we can do about it.  Perhaps it is related to the
terminal program being used, also.  If perldoc is not in the path, we
don't use it.

    * XeTeX: missing package binhex.tex.

Ok, will fix one way or another, but when you custom-choose a set of
collections, missing packages are not unexpected.

    * XeTeX: segfault when using strechy math characters and <unicode-math>.

Really sorry to hear it.  Does not crash for me on i386-linux, so I
suppose it is another 64-bit-related bug.  Will report to Thanh and
Jonathan.  Won't be fixed for this release :(.

Karl