[tex-live] mktexlsr ignores "rcs" on a Windows 7 machine

Maxwell, Adam R adam.maxwell at pnl.gov
Wed Aug 18 18:55:08 CEST 2010

On Aug 18, 2010, at 09:25, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

>>> How many normal TeX users have even /heard/
>>> of RCS or CVS, let alone use one or other in conjunction
>>> with their TeX work ?
>>>
> I'm take it you're thinking of a definition of "normal" such that the answer is:
> "zero, by definition" ;-)

No TeX users are "normal" by most definitions, so I don't
think this discussion will go anywhere useful :).  In my
opinion, though, ignoring directories which don't have a
leading . is more trouble than it's worth.

FWIW, I kept all TeX files from my dissertation under CVS,
and the CVS directories have 3 files: Entries, Repository,
and Root.  My guess is that those would not affect search
performance significantly.  I can't speak for RCS, since
I've never used it directly.

--
Adam