[tex-live] [SBWRIEL 03.0] Re: revtex4-1 not recognized under texlive (! Undefined control sequence. l.24 \documentclass [aps, prl, preprint, groupedaddress]{revtex4-1} )

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Wed Aug 11 21:20:47 CEST 2010

On Wed 11th Aug, 2010 at 21:12, Zdenek Wagner seems to have written:

> 2010/8/11 Sabuj Pattanayek <sabujp at gmail.com>:
>>> This indicates that you should be using "latex", not "tex".
>>
>> The apstemplate.tex compiled but still having lots of problems with
>> the 00readme.tex from the revtex package, am I even supposed to be
>> able to compile this?
>>
>> $ latex 00readme.tex
>> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (TeX Live 2009)
>> entering extended mode
>> (./00readme.tex
>> LaTeX2e <2009/09/24>
>> Babel <v3.8l> and hyphenation patterns for english, usenglishmax, dumylang, noh
>> yphenation, german-x-2009-06-19, ngerman-x-2009-06-19, ancientgreek, ibycus, ar
>> abic, basque, bulgarian, catalan, pinyin, coptic, croatian, czech, danish, dutc
>> h, esperanto, estonian, farsi, finnish, french, galician, german, ngerman, mono
>> greek, greek, hungarian, icelandic, assamese, bengali, gujarati, hindi, kannada
>> , malayalam, marathi, oriya, panjabi, tamil, telugu, indonesian, interlingua, i
>> rish, italian, kurmanji, latin, latvian, lithuanian, mongolian, mongolianlmc, b
>> okmal, nynorsk, polish, portuguese, romanian, russian, sanskrit, serbian, slova
>> k, slovenian, spanish, swedish, turkish, turkmen, ukenglish, ukrainian, upperso
>> rbian, welsh, loaded.
>> ! Undefined control sequence.
>> l.11 \maketitle
>>
> If \maketitle precedes \begin{document}, it's certainly a bug in the document.

It looks like a document fragment which might be included by another
file but isn't meant to stand on its own. (There is no \documentclass
either but it contains LaTeX document commands.) If it were me, I'd
just read it in a text editor. It is not very long.

Good luck!