[tex-live] removing belleek from TeXLive

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Aug 10 17:39:21 CEST 2010

On Aug 10, 2010, at 10:15 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> On Aug 10, 2010, at 6:40 AM, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:
>>>
>>> Everyone is free to provide improved guis for tlmgr. It is in fact quite easy as the gui simply calls the action subs, so hacking a new gui is easy, so why *nobody* steps forward to do it?
>>

>> Actually for MacOSX there is TeXLive Utility which is a native MacOSX
>> frontend for tlmgr albeit it does not have all the options CLI has.
>
> Note that TeX Live Utility doesn't call the Perl subroutines directly, but runs tlmgr as a separate process.  No idea whether that's easier on Windows, but it might be another option (or maybe I misinterpreted Norbert's comment).
>
>> I cannot recall anyone making big splashes on MacOSX mailing list
>> because of this. Probably people there believe that the person who
>> wants Advanced options should be sufficiently advanced to be able to
>> use CLI.
>
> Frankly, it doesn't matter what people on mailing lists want...I decided long ago that I'm not going to add support for all tlmgr features.  There is a semi-hidden way to force removal in TeX Live Utility, but someone wanting to use 'generate' will have to use the command line and be responsible for his own mess :).
>
> --
> Adam

Howdy,

What I don't understand in all of this is that the mathtime pro fonts got installed but the same person is complaining because they have to disable the beleek fonts? Will tlmgr install those fonts (presumably placed in texmf-local or a personal txmf tree) or was that done using updmap(-sys) or by manually editing the updmap file?

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)