[tex-live] Curious error message in tlmgr.

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Aug 4 15:45:55 CEST 2010

(please stay on list, that noone else try to find solutions now that
your problem is solved ...)

On Mi, 04 Aug 2010, S. venkataraman wrote:
> I followed your instructions. I copied the entire texmf-local tree and
> emptied the texmf-local
> folder in /opt/ texlive and ran fmtutil -all and all the formats were
> created.
> I then ran the command `tlmgr update --all'.   It exited saying no updates
> found.
> In the backup, I removed the all
> files that look like config files including those like dvipdfm_dl14.map.  I
> then copied back the tree, ran
> texhash and updmap-sys.  Then, I ran pdflatex to see if everything is fine.
> Afterwards, I ran  `tlmgr update --all'.   Again, it exited saying no
> updates found.
> So, I suppose things are fine.

Yes.

I would call as *ROOT*
	fmtutil-sys --all
just to be sure.

Best wishes

Norbert
TYNE and WEAR (nouns)
The 'Tyne' is the small priceless or vital object accidentally dropped
on the floor (e.g. diamond tie clip, contact lens) and the 'wear' is
the large immovable object (e.g. Welsh dresser, car-crusher) that it
shelters under.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff