[tex-live] GUIs crash on latex-error

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 10:36:07 CEST 2010

2010/8/4 Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>:
> On Mi, 04 Aug 2010, Tillmann Friederich wrote:
>> Manually, executing "latex", everything works.
>
> So then it is not a bug of latex or so ...
>
>> PS: this happens with any of the example files in here (if I unwillingly add a mistake, e.g. forget a graphics file): http://www.jfm.damtp.cam.ac.uk/jfmstyle.zip
>
> The bug is in jfm.cls ... it defines \checkfont with
>        \batchmode
> in it.

Sometimes it is not desirable to use \batchmode or \nonstopmode and
the hang problem can appear not only in GUI's but also when run as a
server application. In such a case I run latex through my Expect
script. Developing such a script in Expect is easier than using other
languages. The script is attached.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/