[tex-live] Texlive2009 uninstall

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Apr 28 13:22:51 CEST 2010

Le 28/04/2010 11:01, Matteo Montalto a écrit :
>> Alternatively, just let synaptic install whatever dependencies he
>> wants to, if your TL09 comes first in your PATH, it will still be used.
>
> That's probably the easiest solution. I hope I understood it well; after
> the script installation I added manually the following entries to
> /etc/profile (system-wide):
>
> if [ -d "/usr/local/texlive/2009/bin/i386-linux" ] ; then
> PATH="/usr/local/texlive/2009/bin/i386-linux:$PATH"
> fi
>
> if [ -d "/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf/doc/man" ] ; then
> MANPATH="/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf/doc/man:$MANPATH"
> fi
>
> In order to apply this solution, I'd simply check, after dependencies
> installation, that these rows are processed BEFORE the corresponding
> tl07 ones? Is this sufficient?

Well, there's no corresponding TL07 lines, since Debian-packaged TeX Live will
have its binaries in /usr/bin. So your TL09 will come first.

If you want to check that the correct TL installation is used, there are two steps:

- run "which latex" in a command line: if the result is
/usr/local/texlive/2009/bin/i386-linux/latex, then you PATH settings are good in
you shell
- but, depending on your grapical environment, your PATH for GUI apps may be
different. To check that, open your favourite GUI LaTeX editor (not from a
command line), compile a document, and have look at the pdfTeX version in the
log, which should be:
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (TeX Live 2009)

Manuel.