[tex-live] problem using Windows network installer

Jörn Clausen joernc at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 28 09:57:35 CEST 2010

Hi!

I would like to install TeX Live on computers in a course room by
using the network installer mentioned in the TeX Live manual.

I have installed TeX Live on a dedicated machine, and now export the
texlive directory as a network share. The w32client scripts are in
place. When I attach the network share to a client computer (assigning
drive letter T:) and start the installer, I get the error message
"Cannot chdir to D:: Permission denied at
T:\2009\texmf\scripts\texlive\tlmgr.pl line 3835". D: was probably the
DVD drive on the server used for installing TeX Live.

A workaround *seems* to be inserting a CD into the local drive (hoping
that is called D: as well). Is there a better solution? Where does D:
come from?

Thanks,
   Joern

--