[tex-live] biber in TeX Live

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 00:14:28 CEST 2010

2010/4/21 François Charette <firmicus at ankabut.net>:
> On 21/04/2010 23:03, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>
> Note that by default "./Build installdeps" will use cpan as a backend to
> install missing modules. But sometimes CPANPLUS can be more reliable. So you
> might prefer to do
>    ./Build installdeps --cpan_client 'cpanp -i'
> instead. See "perldoc Module::Build" for details.

Remember that installation from CPAN is not always a good idea. For
instance, if you now install PerlTk from CPAN to a RHEL4 based Linux,
it will not work because it requires newer version of modules. It is
not easy to undo all changes done during installation. However, if you
install PerlTk from the rpm prepared for RHEL4, everything works
because this rpm contains an older version compatible with the perl
modules shipped with RHEL4.

It does not mean that CPAN is unusable, I managed to install something
from CPAN to my CentOS4.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/