[tex-live] texlive perl

John Collins collins at phys.psu.edu
Wed Apr 21 19:47:35 CEST 2010

T T wrote:
 > On 14 April 2010 23:53, Lars Madsen <daleif at imf.au.dk> wrote:
 >> On WinXP:
 >>
 >> it simply says, "Internal error occured" (or similar, this laptop is runing
 >> in danish)
 >>
 >> AR 9
 >>
 >> it suggests sending MS an error report, along with it an error report
with a
 >> lot of odd information
 >>
 >> The offending command
 >>
 >> latexmk -pdf -pv test.tex
 >>
 >> for some compilable test.tex
 >
 > The problem seems to be with Perl.  I can't start AR9 from Perl at
 > all, always the same error as you see.  What's even more bizarre, I
 > can't start AR9 from any child process started from Perl!  So there is
 > something that is inherited from the perl.exe process that causes AR
 > to crash, but I have no clue what it might be and I couldn't find
 > anything suspicius in Perl's sources regarding process spawning.  I'm
 > out of ideas I'm afraid.

The problem appears to be AR9 specific.  I have no trouble starting AR8 in
the same way.

Do you know whether the problem always occurs when a perl script tries to
start AR9, or whether it only occurs if perl has been started by a TL
wrapper program?  (I think there was a statement in an earlier message that
the problem doesn't occur if perl is started from the command line.)

John