[tex-live] texlive perl

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 21 18:16:47 CEST 2010

On 14 April 2010 23:53, Lars Madsen <daleif at imf.au.dk> wrote:
> On WinXP:
>
> it simply says, "Internal error occured" (or similar, this laptop is runing
> in danish)
>
> AR 9
>
> it suggests sending MS an error report, along with it an error report with a
> lot of odd information
>
> The offending command
>
> latexmk -pdf -pv test.tex
>
> for some compilable test.tex

The problem seems to be with Perl.  I can't start AR9 from Perl at
all, always the same error as you see.  What's even more bizarre, I
can't start AR9 from any child process started from Perl!  So there is
something that is inherited from the perl.exe process that causes AR
to crash, but I have no clue what it might be and I couldn't find
anything suspicius in Perl's sources regarding process spawning.  I'm
out of ideas I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Tomek