[tex-live] Fwd: TeXLive collection for Korean User

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Apr 21 17:02:12 CEST 2010

On 21 April 2010 Sajang Yang wrote:

 > Dear Sir/Ma'am,
 >
 > Recently I realized that Korean language collection for TeXLive was
 > missing in Fedora.  collection-kotex (
 > <http://ftp.ktug.or.kr/KTUG/texlive/2009>
 > http://ftp.ktug.or.kr/KTUG/texlive/2009 ) Therefore, I asked
 > Fedora, and the below is the reply from him.
 >
 > The reason that Fedora could not package collection-kotex is that
 > collection-kotex was not included in the upstream metadata (
 > ftp://ftp.ctex.org/mirrors/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb )
 >
 > It would be really helpful Korean Fedora/TeXLive user if the
 > collection could be included in Fedora.  Would you consider
 > including collection-kotex into the upstream metadata?
 >
 > The collection-kotex can be easily installed through tlmgr, I don't
 > think there will be any problem.  But, iff you need any help to
 > include collection-kotex into the metadata, then please let me
 > know.  I'll try to resolve any kind of issue as much as I can with
 > KTUG staff.

Hi,
the best thing you can do is to ask the authors to put the collection
on CTAN.

One of the authors is obviously Dohyun Kim <nomosnomos at gmail.com>.

I don't understand Korean but they obviously discussed it last year:

  http://project.ktug.or.kr/pipermail/dev-kotex/2009-June/000024.html

There might be a problem regarding the kotex-utils.  It would be
easier if the two little C files were written in Perl.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25