[tex-live] Changes for 2010?

Joachim Schrod jschrod at acm.org
Tue Apr 20 02:48:04 CEST 2010

Heiko Oberdiek wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 02:43:47PM +0200, Joachim Schrod wrote:

>> It would be
>> nice if one could support hypperref's index links, but that would
>> be an enhancement, i.e., the introduction of a new feature
>> `location class attributes'. For now, if one wants to use hyperref
>> and xindy together, one has to turn off index links.
>
> Perhaps it's easier to implement a mapping between
> the full location argument and the location class?
> Example:
>
>   \indexentry{hello|hyperindexformat{\textbf}}{1}

There is a potential workaround and a better solution.

Currently, xindy has the restriction that the stuff after | must be
an identifier. The workaround would be to lift that restriction and
allow arbitrary character sequences as location attributes. Most
probably that would work as I don't see anything in the code that
prevents it.

The solution would be to recognize entries of the form
{KEY|LOCATTR{BALANCED_MATERIAL}} and make available the
BALANCED_MATERIAL to the markup output definition of LOCATTR. That
is the major enhancement that I'm speaking of. It would not only
help compatibility to hyperref, but also to memoir.

But that goes beyond TL issues and is probably off-topic on this list.

	Joachim

Joachim Schrod				Email: jschrod at acm.org
Roedermark, Germany