[tex-live] tlmgr updates

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Apr 19 00:08:18 CEST 2010

Norbert has been adding more refinements to tlmgr.  Since the last
update, we have:

  * do not auto-install packages contained in forcibly removed collections.
  * tlmgr restore --all: restoring the latest, using all available backups.

  * GUI: provide simple and expert modes (Options->Expert options)
  * GUI: provide access to the manual (tlmgr help) in the Help menu
  * GUI: add support for restore action.
  * GUI: add support for the three command line options: --no-auto-install,
    --no-auto-remove (under Menu->Options), and --reinstall-forcibly-removed
    (just below the "Update all installed" button).  The first two in
    "expert" mode only, as I understand it.

If anyone would like to test this out of tlcritical now, that would be
great.  Barring problems, we will release it to the main repository soon.
http://tug.org/texlive/tlmgr.html#testversions

Thanks,
Karl