[tex-live] Changes for 2010?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Apr 18 22:59:24 CEST 2010

On 18 April 2010 Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

 > Simon Spiegel a écrit :
 > > Are there plans to make luatex updates available to tlmgr? That
 > > would seem like a quite substantial improvement to me.

 > Unless I'm mistaken, there is no technical problem with the current
 > insfrastructure concerning binaries updates. The fact that we don't
 > ship newer binaries for LuaTeX more than once a year is rather a
 > matter of policy. We want to avoid problems with binaries changing
 > too fast, and besides, we don't have an automated build
 > infrastructure, so building TeX Live binaries is a non-trivial
 > task.

Another reason is that binaries for various platforms are compiled by
different people.  It always takes a certain amount of time until all
problems are solved and binaries for all supported platforms are
available.   It would be too time-consuming to update binaries more
than once a year.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25