[tex-live] [Fwd: Re: TeXLive Perl + latexmk (windows)]

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Apr 15 11:25:53 CEST 2010

Norbert Preining wrote:

> Yes, but as long as we do not want to loose tlmgr update --all
> facility that will not happen. Or as long as we do not get
> more programmers that actually reimplement something like apt-get/dpkg
> in perl for us, it will happen neither.

I think that this in some way reflects on Ulrike's recent
contributions to this thread.  There may be (almost certainly
are) a large number of programmers and retired programmers
who could contribute to the project, but to whom a startinging
point of "something like apt-get/dpkg" is completely meaningless.

Perhaps if you could outline, on-list, what needs to be done
in everyday English (yes, I know it's not your first language,
but you're pretty good at it !), rather than in crypto-speak
("something like apt-get/dpkg"), you would attract significantly
more volunteers.

** Phil.