[tex-live] texlive perl

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Apr 15 00:18:15 CEST 2010

T T a écrit :
> On 14 April 2010 21:45, Lars Madsen <daleif at imf.au.dk> wrote:
>> Lars Madsen wrote:
>>> as far as I can see I cannot just run 'perl' when the only thing I have
>>> installed is TeXLive, the tlperl is hidden inside and not really available
>>> for the outside.
>>>
>>> cmd.exe does not respond to it.
>

> Yes, it is hidden. I added a wrapper for it for my own use.

When I need to test something with tlperl on windows, I usually just call it
with full path, like c:\texlive\2009\tlpkg\tlperl\bin\perl.exe. I'm not sure if
it's equivalent to the wrapper way, but it seems to work.

> Do you have start or start.exe in your path by any chance?
>
> The culprit in texdoc case was the shell script from MSYS named
> 'start' (Manuel, is this the problem you had in mind?):
>
> http://www.tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2009-July/021290.html

Nope, this was another one. /me is digging... got it:

http://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2008-August/017375.html

See also:

http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/dev-luatex/2008-September/001771.html

which might be more readable.