[tex-live] [Fwd: Re: TeXLive Perl + latexmk (windows)]

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Apr 14 15:45:13 CEST 2010

On Mi, 14 Apr 2010, Philip TAYLOR wrote:
> It is, I believe, a great mistake that TeX Live, too, assumes that
> a single partition will be used to hold the whole of a TeX
> installation, and makes no provision for storing the binaries
> outside of the primary data hierarchy.  [I would be very happy

That will not happen, as the search path and the primary texmf.cnf is
found according to the location of the binaries.

You still of course can move TEXMFLOCAL whereever you want ...

Best wishes

Norbert
JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force
WIGAN (n.)
If, when talking to someone you know has only one leg, you're trying
to treat then perfectly casually and normally, but find to your horror
that your conversion is liberally studded with references to (a) Long
John Silver, (b) Hopalong Cassidy, (c) The Hockey Cokey, (d) 'putting
your foot in it', (e) 'the last leg of the UEFA competition', you are
said to have committed a wigan. The word is derived from the fact that
sub-editors at ITN used to manage to mention the name of either the
town Wigan, or Lord Wigg, in every fourth script that Reginald
Bosanquet was given to read.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff