[tex-live] [Fwd: Re: TeXLive Perl + latexmk (windows)]

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Apr 13 14:55:05 CEST 2010

George N. White III a écrit :
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 7:03 PM, Lars Madsen <daleif at imf.au.dk> wrote:
>
>> Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
>>> Can't you use a Linux machine?
>>>
>> I'd like to, but most people are using windows, and we'd like more TL
>> users on windows.
>
> If your Windows users have recent hardware you can use a Linux Virtual
> machine.

FWIW, I agree with Lars. We put quite a lot of effort to offer support for
windows (many thanks to Tomek, Akira and Siep for that), so it would be a pity
to be forced to use a Linux VM just for TL.

Here the point is to install a Perl distro. Perl is easy to install on windows
thanks to the strawberry Perl distribution. No need to use Linux just to get Perl.

Not that I'm a big fan of windows, but let's not exaggerate the problems with
this system. A lot of free software is available on windows and as easy to use
there as on Unix. TeX live is one such software.

Manuel.