[tex-live] TeX install on single-layer DVD

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 18 11:57:10 CEST 2009

2009/9/17 Klaus Hoeppner <klaus.hoeppner at gmail.com>:
> This is a real issue? I don't claim any deeper knowledge on ISO 9660,
> I just eventually produced the iso images for ctan snapshots before it
> became a dvd, but I always thought an iso image is burned as is on the
> media, without any compression or decompression involved, and I have
> no doubt that 2.5 GB is much less than 4.7 GB, independent whether the
> values use the definition of GB as power of ten or power of 2.

A little bit of topic here, but some Windows virtual CD/DVD ulities
are unable to mount TL'08 image: MS virtual CD and MagicDisc from
those that I tried. I don't know what is the reason, the .iso image
itself or some deficiencies in these programs. I never investigated
this any further, I just used another program.

Cheers,

Tomek