[tex-live] TeX install on single-layer DVD

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Sep 17 18:10:46 CEST 2009

T T wrote:

 > The .iso image of TL from the last year is ~2.5BG, so it fits on a
 > single layer DVD and there's still plenty room left. All platforms
 > included. So such a DVD is already available, at least for TL.

With all due respect, Tomek, an ISO image is not what Gianluca
is asking for.  He wrote (in part) "This way I could duplicate
the DVD and give copies around, also to students that are not
computer-savvy."  To a student who is not "computer savvy",
an ISO image is of little use; what he (or she) needs is
a DVD that can be inserted into the machine, and which will
talk the user through whatever further steps are necessary.

** Phil.