[tex-live] Catalogue sources

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Sep 11 01:40:17 CEST 2009

    nosource, except where there's a licence that (in my view) overrides it
    -- like nosell, shareware, etc.

Fine, thanks.

    i'm surprised it hasn't come up before --

Me too.  But smflatex was the only "nosource" pkg in current TL.

    depends.  if the meaning is "parts of this are artistic1, other parts
    gpl2", then it's surely not ok.  (or is it?)

Right, artistic1 by itself is not ok.  But that would be a very unusual
situation; I don't think I've ever seen it, and certainly wouldn't
willfully interpret the statement that way unless the author explicitly
said that was the case.  Anyway ...

Thanks,
karl