[tex-live] Tex-live

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Sep 10 00:58:00 CEST 2009

    If the currently broken link to lzma

I believe I fixed that link some days ago.  At least I fixed a link.
All the pretest stuff talks about xz, not lzma, as far as I know, anyway.

    Googling for lzma source

Not that you care now, but the package from http://tukaani.org/lzma/
is/was installable in the standard way.  That is what we used in TL08.

    once I accept the warm smothering embrace of full automation.

It is scary, I agree.

Regarding your original point about bzip2 vs. lzma/xz.  I was curious,
so I compressed our big iso both ways.  xz saved about 18% over bzip2,
which is about 270MB for us.  That is significant, in my eyes ...

Best,
Karl