[tex-live] Tex-live

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Tue Sep 8 11:57:12 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 09:39:08AM +0100, Robin Fairbairns wrote:

> Edd Barrett <vext01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Was the network install no good for you?
>
> aiui, he wants to compile.  he found compilation of the lzma tools
> difficult (in some unspecified way).
>
> beyond that, i'm not sure what was wrong.
>
> > What platform/architecture are you on?
>
> he's on linux on something or other.
>
> is there no "config/make"-type path for the lzma tools?

Some time ago I have compiled lzma for an older linux without
problems using the standard way:
  ./configure
  make
  make install (as root)

Thus I don't know what kind of problems the original poster run into.
If he wanted help, I would have expected that he has included some
more descriptive problem report including error messages, ...

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>