[tex-live] bug of auto_remove_install_force_packages routine in tlmgr.pl

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 7 23:32:12 CEST 2009

2009/9/7 Dohyun Kim <nomosnomos at gmail.com>:
> Today's update of texlive2009 pretest has deleted some locally
> installed packages on my system.

By default, tlmgr will try to keep the local installation in sync with
the server as much as possible. It is normal that some packages get
removed automatically if they disappear on the server (otherwise it's
a bug). Use -no-auto-remove option to prevent any removals during
update.

> It seems to be caused by the revision 15125 of tlmgr.pl committed yesterday.
> I am not sure if the following patch is the correct one.  After this
> patch, however,
> tlmgr does not attempt any more to remove locally installed packages.

Before considering any patches we need to confirm that this is indeed
a bug. Can you provide a list of the removed packages? Alternatively,
can you send us $TEXMFSYSVAR/web2c/tlmgr.log?

Cheers,

Tomek