[tex-live] Latex on the ASUS eePC

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Tue Sep 1 16:49:44 CEST 2009

Sheila Prasad wrote:
> I have an ASUS eePC G4 laptop. It does not have a hard drive and runs on
> Linux. I want to use Latex on this laptop so, I assume I can download Latex
> on my external hard drive and use it on this computer. Please advise me
> about the procedure to download Latex 2e.
> Thank you.
> Prof. Sheila Prasad

As you sure that it does not have a harddisk? I would assume that the
EEPC use a solid state harddisk, which from the point of Linux is just
like any other type of harddisk.

The big question is whether you have enough space on the drive for a
LaTeX installation.

In any case you should not have any problems installing LaTeX on this,
have a look at tug.org/texlive

(this mailing like might more be for texlive development)

--

/daleif