[tex-live] Automatic eps conversion stopped working (TL-2009-pretest)

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Oct 14 16:07:58 CEST 2009

On Mi, 14 Okt 2009, Ralph Martin wrote:
> But I thought the automatic thing was supposed to effectively do the
> same as adding line for me (and I am pretty sure I did not need to add
> it a few days ago). Or am I mistaken in how this automatic thing works?

Yes, we pulled the plug and try to fix it. The problem is that
allowing epstopdf we in fact obliterate openout_any becasue
epstopdf can write everywhere.

As long as we are not able to provide a restricted epstopdf that
only allows writing to subdirectories or similar we will
unfortunately not have this feature, althoug it is documented.

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining                                        Associate Professor
JAIST Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology   preining at jaist.ac.jp
Vienna University of Technology                               preining at logic.at
Debian Developer (Debian TeX Task Force)                    preining at debian.org