[tex-live] Automatic eps conversion stopped working (TL-2009-pretest)

Ralph Martin Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Wed Oct 14 15:35:45 CEST 2009

I upgraded TL-2009 pretest this morning, and automatic eps to pdf
seems to have stopped working:

Start with a document with eps figures included using e.g.
\includegraphics{figs/blockdistri.eps}
and which has not been previously converted to pdf

pdflatex gives me
unknown graphics extension .eps

If I add the one line
\usepackage{epstopdf}
all works fine again.

But I thought the automatic thing was supposed to effectively do the
same as adding line for me (and I am pretty sure I did not need to add
it a few days ago). Or am I mistaken in how this automatic thing works?

Best wishes

Ralph
--
Prof Ralph Martin           Phone: +44(0)29 2087 5536
School of Computer Science  Fax:   +44(0)29 2087 4598
Cardiff University          Email: mailto:ralph at cs.cf.ac.uk
5 The Parade, Roath         WWW:   http://ralph.cs.cf.ac.uk/
Cardiff, CF24 3AA, UK       VOIP:  sip:17476235487 at proxy01.sipphone.com