[tex-live] ps2pdf w/o arguments crashes (win32)

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Oct 12 01:56:39 CEST 2009

On 11 October 2009 Gregor Zimmermann wrote:

 > Hi all,
 >
 > calling ps2pdf without arguments crashes (under WinXP SP3) with the
 > following error:
 >
 > > C:\>ps2pdf
 > > ...e/texlive/2009/texmf/scripts/tlgs/gswin32/ps2pdf.tlu:97: attempt to concatena
 > > te global 'outfile' (a nil value)
 >
 > I guess, that placing the block
 >
 > > if #files < 1 or #files > 2 then
 > >    io.stderr:write('Usage: ps2pdf [options] (input.[e]ps|-) [output.pdf]\n')
 > >    os.exit(0)
 > > end
 >
 > earlier in 'ps2pdf.tlu' may help, but it's the first lua file I ever
 > looked into...

Indeed.  Thanks for the report.  I fixed it but didn't uploaded the
changed files because TL is frozen now.  Only fatal errors should be
fixed but I don't regard this one as fatal.  It occurs only if no
argument is given on the command line and only affects the usage
message.  The fix will be available by the updater when TL-2009 is
released.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25